New milk allergy research being led at the RI-MUHC. Pediatric allergy and immunology specialists Dr. Bruce Mazer and Dr. Moshe Ben-Shoshan (Montreal Children’s Hospital) started the GET-FACTS (Genetics, Environment and Therapies: Food Allergy Clinical Tolerance Studies) study in 2012.
The program is having good success with helping children with milk allergies build up tolerance to milk protein by introducing the allergen very slowly into the diet. They were interviewed by CTV, La Presse, Radio-Canada, 98,5 fm, the Gazette, CJAD and Le Devoir (September 2016).
More about the study at GET-FACTS: https://www.getfactsmilk.com/
View articles and interviews about this research:
- Curing life-threatening allergies. MUHC News. Sept 8, 2016.
- La désensibilisation orale fait ses preuves. Le Devoir. By Pauline Gravel. Sept 9, 2016.
- Allergies graves: Léa peut rêver d’une crème glacée. La Tribune. Par Mélanie Noël. Sept 8, 2016.
- Desensitization program helping end kids’ life-threatening milk allergies. CTV News. Sept 12, 2016.
- Montreal Children’s Hospital taming milk allergies one drop at a time. Montreal Gazette. By Charlie Fidelman. Sept 9, 2016.